[Udon-ya] Monhan no Erohon G1 1-5 Soushuuhen (Jap – Hi-Res)

Title: Monhan no Erohon G1 1-5 Soushuuhen
Artist: Udon-ya
Info: 202 pages, JPEG format; ~2155×3030, 325mb
Download: ( Hotfile )( Fileserve )

Now for something that’s not a U.R.C re-scan, it’s Udon-ya’s first Monster Hunter compilation! While the books it’s compiling have all been scanned for quite some time, this compilation itself has not been, as far as I know. Title’s not especially complicated… all the previous Monster Hunter parodies he’s done have been called “Monhan no Erohon #” (Monster Hunter Erobook), and 1-5 means it’s compiled books 1-5 (including book 4’s “preview” thing), and “Soushuuhen” translates as Omnibus. Not sure what G1 means… maybe Generation 1? I dunno.

Anyway, I’ve been a pretty big fan of Udon-ya’s Monster Hunter parodies since for a little while now, and someone asked in my comments not so long ago if I planned to scan any of his stuff, so I decided to pick up a few books and this is one of them. If you’re not familiar with any of them, it’s generally the same sort of theme as a lot of Black Dog or U.R.C’s stuff with the whole hentai pseudo-rape deal. I will say I’m not a huge fan of the Monster Hunter games, but the outfits (which Udon-ya goes to great lengths to fetishize) are very nice in this context, so it has that much going for it at least.

As for this book in particular, like I said before, it’s a compilation book, and quite possibly one of the most well put-together doujin compilations I’ve ever seen. It has brand new artwork for the covers (on a slip jacket no less), and reprints all the individual books’ cover art in full colour at the beginning (along with some other miscellaneous CG). And then of course the contents of the books themselves are fully intact (minus a few of the omake and whatnot). But of course, the main thing here is the resolution and scan quality for these books is now significantly upgraded.

The only “downside” to Udon-ya’s stuff, sadly, is the fact that he prints everything with tonal shading, which makes getting a truly “clean” scan pretty much impossible. I’ve done my best to go light on the leveling and smooth it out as best I could, but ultimately you just can’t get something as clean as a book that’s printed with dot shading. It of course also meant that to avoid ending up with a final product that was 500+mb, I had to forego my usual PNG format and save everything as JPEG. The compression quality is at the very least as high as I could go without severely inflating the file size (arguably 325mb is still rather large, but it’s at least in the same range my scans usually are, and they are 300dpi after all).

Anyway, sorry for the extra blah blah here (TL;DR and all that). Enjoy your Monster Hunter fappage.

This entry was posted in Group Sex, Japanese Raw Scan, Light Bondage, Monster Hunter, Rape, Regular Sex, Udon-ya, Yuri. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to [Udon-ya] Monhan no Erohon G1 1-5 Soushuuhen (Jap – Hi-Res)

1. Holy Pledge says:

Can you provide other way to download file?

2. FUKE says:

Absolutely beautiful. I’m fortunate enough to own this compilation along with his other monster hunter doujins, but it’s always good to have a digital copy. Even better when it’s in high res. Thanks for this.

3. hq420 says:

Some comparison shots from earlier scans. Overall you can see that the text might not be as sharp as before and there’s noticeable texture to the white space of the text balloons.

Volume 2 – Looks like some extra work was done here for the shading.

Volume 4 – Black is much close to actual black here (look at the space on the left).

Volume 5 – Same sort of deal.

And here’s a page of Volume 9 that I think would benefit from whatever was done to these reprint versions.

• bubbadg says:

Almost all of the differences you’re pointing out are a result of the earlier scans having their black/white levels adjusted improperly during scanning, and probably has little – if anything – to do with differences in the print quality.

In general, all of these older scans go too far with the white levels, so really light grey shading gets erased or minimized. The “texture” on the white space is a result of me not going overboard with the white levels. I could very easily make all the white space clean, but then you’d lose a lot of the shading. The lack of “sharpness” in the text is probably a combination of lower contrast, higher resolution, and the filter I applied to try and reduce graininess/print dots a bit.

As for your comparions… Volume 2: There’s no “extra” shading on the reprint. Again, it’s a case of the original scan being overleveled.

Volume 4 and 5: Not high enough black levels, and too high on the white levels is what causes that.

Volume 9: I can see what you mean now with that one, where again, black/white levels are too high. Some pages of that scan are worse than others though, and that one is probably one of the worst for being overleveled.

Overall there’s just a lot of problems with books that are tonally shaded like this. Trying to get the levels right is tricky, and the way mine came out is by no means perfect, but I feel it is at least better than the existing scans. But again, it has to do with my scanning process rather than differences in the physical copies of the books.

When you’re dealing with most other books that use dot tones for shading, you can usually go much stronger with the levels and get more of a pure white/black thing going without fucking shit up. My URC books for example were really easy to get the levels right.

Anyway, I’ve already got copies of volumes 6, 7, 8 and 10, so those will all see similar treatment, and I’ll probably TRY and get volume 9 sometime in the future… unless of course he does another compilation before then.

4. Anon says:

Lovely!

Are you planning on making a translated version like you did with Asuka and Shizuru and Sei So Tsui Dan Sha? Just asking because all the Monhan no Erohon doujins have also been translated.

• bubbadg says:

Yeah, maybe, eventually, someday… The only problem with that is the translation quality of some of them. I know volume 4 was done by Sayo, which is good, but I think the rest were done by one of the wankier translators at Doujin-Moe, and I dunno about going through the trouble of re-editing something with a sketchy translation.

Anyway, that would definitely be quite a long way off at this point, as I’ve already got a metric fucktonne of re-editing projects in the pipe that should be done first (finishing Sei So Tsui Dan Sha being one of them).